Monday, November 1, 2010

I love my new Dood!



I'm getting along just great with my new Innova.  I finished up Mary's quilt (she had to wait for a month!).  It was started on my old Gammill and finished up on my Innova.  I really love the new machine - it feels different; like getting a new car and having to figure out where the windshield wipers and lights are, but it is already starting to feel like home.




This is such a striking quilt - it is a Jinny Beyer design, I think it is called Around the World.  I used bright thread in Mary's quilt: something different for me, I usually stick with thread that matches or nearly matches the  background.   But I thought this quilt would benefit from contrasting thread - I used five or six different colors of green, purple and turquoise. 






It's getting cold here in Kansas, time to pull out the down comforter.  I picked all the remaining tomatoes no matter how green they are and I'm ready for the first freeze.  I have to admit, I don't mind giving up on watering everything!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting and I'm glad you love your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting really makes this quilt sing. I'm glad that you are liking your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing this is an older post but just had to comment. I appreciate your post as I recently sold my Gammill and, as of yesterday!, have an Innova. I am so out of my comfort zone! Love what you said about the new car and finding the windshield wipers and lights :0) Love your work, gorgeous! I have a long way to go, looking forward to the journey. Sigh

    ReplyDelete