Tuesday, December 29, 2009


Now that Christmas is over, I can post a picture of the small flock of birds I made as presents. I used the pattern by Terry Grant from the new International Quilt Festival magazine . It is simple and easy to follow (a must for me, since I can't follow directions). I gave all but the first one I made away, it was kind of goofy and couldn't stand up right. Peter was in charge of legs and improved his technique considerably by Bird #2.








I also gave my sister a quilt I made in a wonderful workshop with Laura Wasilowski last October. I sent a picture of the finished quilt to Laura and she put it on her blog - it was fun to have my fifteen minutes of fame! My sister is a gardener, so I called the quilt Lettuce, Turnip and Pea.





And finally, another cat picture. I really don't intend for this to be a blog about my cats, but this picture of mother cat and two nearly full size kittens sleeping in a cat bed made for one cat, is too cute.



3 comments:

  1. Kitty cuteness is always excellent blog fodder. Don't be shy about passing the cuteness along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little birds on their toes!
    Also, I have to confess it took me a little while to figure out the Lettuce, Turnip, and Pea joke. Your quilt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birds look great! I am so excited to see the birds that people are making from my pattern. The legs are fiddly, but after one of two you DO figure out how to make them balance. Great job!

    ReplyDelete