Saturday, September 8, 2012

Critters

 
 
 
 
This is Trudy's quilt, the very last of my customer quilts, and she has been patiently waiting for me to finish it.  Trudy does gorgeous needleturn applique, but was inspired by Susan Carlson's book Serendipity Quilts to make this raw edge applique quilt.  I think she did a fabulous job!  One of the best parts of this quilt is it's name - Frankly Scarlet.
 
 
 
 





To continue with the animal theme, this is Ollie.  He wants so badly to adopt me!  He showed up about a month ago and I just hate to take him to the Humane Society - he obviously was somebody's cat.  I don't know if he was dumped or is lost but he is the friendliest cat.  To me, anyway.  He scares my cats away and won't let them in the house which is why I need to find a home for him. He has tried to make friends with them but they won't have any of it.  Any takers?




 
 
 
 
 
Just look at that face!  He loves quilts too.









9 comments:

  1. OK, I give up. Ship him out to Oregon. Hmmm, maybe too far. Surely there's someone in Kansas, Missouri or Nebraska that needs a sweet Ollie boy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's my kind of kitty. My version of that guy might not like a brother though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job on my mom's quilt. I can't wait to see it in person.
    - Carrie Carpenter

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is superb, but that cat is magnificent-- What a heart throb of a kitty-boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trudy's quilt turned out great!

    Ollie is a magnificient looking cat! Sure wish I could take him but Charlie's having some serious health issues right now. I'm not even sure Charlie would like a brother in the best of times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could help you out with Ollie, but we are at the cat limit at our house. All I need is a bigger house, and I would be the crazy cat lady! Maybe your kitties will warm up to him and let him stay. Your quilting looks great....real feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just how you feel. We're on our third stray. First one had a badly broken leg and the vet had to put him down, he had other problems too. We found a wonderful home for the second one. And the third is waiting to go the local shelter. Hopefully before the really cold weather sets in. We can't bring him in as we already have four cats, and two have already been bitten by him. He hasn't had his pockets picked yet! Why do people just abandon their pets like that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Id take him if i could i have wanted another cat like that. mine was so loveable Barney I miss him badly..... he'd pat my face with is paw and run through the house chirping funny cat but such a sweetie.He got big he weighed 22 lbs.I loved him so.We have 2 Shih Tzus now. my husbands family is allergic to them ,other wise I'd drive and pick him up from Indiana.I hope you find him a great home. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Indiana or id come n get him but hubbie is allergic to them. I had one looked just like him was just so sweet.(That was before hubbie)....He was a great cat named him Barney .I got him from a vets barn.Debbie in Indiana

    ReplyDelete