Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's Spring-ish




I finished Sheila's Christmas quilt - I don't know the designer but it is a cute pattern.  She gave me a roll of Dream Wool  to use as batting and I really liked it.  I dislike using Dream Cotton on the longarm but I really liked the way the Dream wool quilted up. Sheila used Texture Magic on the snow and on the bunnies.






This is Marsha the Thimbleberries Lady's quilt - I think it is actually Kansas Troubles  fabric.  She does stray  from Thimbleberries every now and then.







It's feeling Spring-ish.  The weather has warmed up, the robins are back and the grass is greening up a bit.  I'm hoping it stays like this next week so we can actually hold a Guild meeting: the first for the year since the first two were cancelled due to weather.

7 comments:

  1. Two beautiful quilts. Your quilting on both of them is awesome. I like the background on the houses very much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious as to why you dislike dream cotton on the longarm. I am a longarm quilter and it is my favorite. I dislike the polydream.

    What batting do you like?

    thequiltingbee2003 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your border quilting on the Christmas quilt! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is beautiful! I especially like how it makes the Christmas quilt have a very fun feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilting as well, but especially like the Christmas quilt. Very cute. And I like the sound of 'Texture Magic' -- wondering if I could use it on my thinning grey hair? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicia -

    I don't like the way the Quilters Dream cotton clings to everything - I have to pull on it do get wrinkles out and then it makes little pulls and D cups in the batting. Mostly, I like my quilting to show, and that takes a batting with more loft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Li'l Ned - Texture Magic requires a hot iron applied to it - sounds kinda painful. I'd stick with thinning grey hair!

    ReplyDelete