Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Stitcher's Garden





I think this is the cutest quilt.  It's called the Stitcher's Garden by the Stitch Connection and Barbara did such a nice job on it. 









 It calls for all kinds of fancy sewing machine feet to do all the machine stitching and special techniques in the blocks.




 
 
 


I like Barbara's choice of a black background - it gives a Mexican Folk Art look to the quilt.
I futzed with the contrast on these photos to try and show some quilting and that messed up the color a bit.





 
 
 


Working on black is hard on my eyes but it sure makes the color pop.














I used variegated thread in the border and some gold metallic throughout.






 
 
 




She has entered it in my guild's Common Threads Quilt Show this June - I think it will do well.




4 comments:

  1. Both of you have done a great job! I especially like the machine embroidery on the applique edges and may try to duplicate that look with hand embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilting!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, love what you did with this. I just quilted the same quilt! Fun to see this when I popped on your blog today!

    ReplyDelete