Tuesday, June 4, 2013

PQG quilt exhibit at CityArts



I have been working on coordinating an exhibit of quilts by Prairie Quilt Guild members at CityArts in Wichita.  The exhibit was hung last week and was included in Final Friday - an art gallery walk that takes place once a month in Wichita.  I was disappointed that only 5 or 6 guild members showed up for the exhibit but it was well attended by the public.  The show will hang through June 22 at CityArts, 334 N. Mead Street (across from the Warren Theater in Old Town) and I hope lots of people get to see it and enjoy the quilts.  It's really a wonderful gallery space and the quilts looked amazing in that setting.







Guild members Barb Nickelson, Evelyn Gernaat and Lois Stewart brought applique and quilting projects to demonstrate techniques.




 
 
 
Living in an old house has it's drawbacks, including old plumbing.  After I found a leak in the basement I had to have a new line put in from the street.  Not exactly the way I had planned to spend my award money from MQS.
 
 





I want one of these.





I saw this on http://cactus-needle.blogspot.com/ and had to share.  It's the Alto Intuitive Sewing Machine designed by UK industrial designer Sarah Dickins.  She wanted a machine with more intuitive operation to appeal to beginners.  More here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ohEWr9g4w



4 comments:

  1. That sewing machine is very interesting and I love that a "female" inventor thought and had it made!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pain! I'm sorry you had to use your award money for something so yucky. But how nice that you got award money so you didn't take a nasty unexpected hit with no cushion. Isn't that sewing machine wild?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know how much they cost and where you can purchase one? I think it would be perfect for my niece who was paralyzed in a car accident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they are being manufactured - you might try to track the maker down on the internet and ask her.

      Delete