Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Leslie's American Jane quilt





This is Leslie's cute-as-bug quilt from an American Jane pattern.  She likes lots of quilting and wanted it to be mostly traditional. 








She says that the border just about did her in- it's made up of a zillion tiny 4-patches.




 

Leslie brought her grandaughter Shay, (or Shea?) and they posed in front of the quilt for me.






The other day when I went out to open the studio (it's in a seperate building behind our house), the lock acted stuck so I twisted it hard and it exploded!  The center core of the lock fell out and all these little springs and pieces of metal burst out and scared the dickens out of me!  Then we couldn't get IN the studio and all of Peter's tools were inside.  He managed to get it open and then made an emergency trip to buy a new lock and got it installed later that afternoon.  Have you ever seen the inside of a lock?

 

4 comments:

  1. Love the American Jane pattern. The quilting is very pretty. Did you use a ruler for the curved cross hatching? It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, and quilting. I'm a HUGE fan of curved cross hatching, it always looks fantastic on the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always impressed with your quilting. Another great job!

    Fun fabric in that quilt and looks like Shea could be quite fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The American Jane pattern here has been on my bucket list since I first saw it. Gorgeous! You always do such a beautiful job, so I'm awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award! http://scrapsofhappiness.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award-what.html

    ReplyDelete