Saturday, January 7, 2012

Folk Art Wedding for Karen



This is the last of Karen's tops that I have quilted for her.  This is an older pattern of Robyn Pandolph called Folk Art Wedding.  It has about a million itty bitty little  pieces which Karen has appliqued beautifully.



 




She had already marked it in pencil for hand quilting - that made it really handy for me to do the crosshatching.  I did quilt between her lines to make the crosshatching smaller.



It has been amazingly warm here in Kansas, up close to 70 degrees this week. 





8 comments:

  1. Jan, you have our Texas weather and we have yours. It's 30s to 40s here mostly. Strange!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed in one of your posts that you were on your way into Newton. So where do you live? I went to college in Hesston, and lived in Wichita for a while.
    I do like your quilting and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and the quilting makes it even more BEAUTIFUL......
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you know if the client you quilted folk art wedding for would be interested in selling her pattern....i would like to make this quilt and cannot find the pattern....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old pattern by Robin Pandolph and it's at least 10 years old. You might try eBay. I will contact Karen and ask her, but she has moved twice since she made that top, so I suspect she won't still have it.

      Delete
  5. would it be possible to order the pattern for folk art wedding quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See the reply to the comment above. I do not own the pattern, it is not my quilt.

      Delete