Saturday, January 17, 2015

Catherine's applique quilts








 
 





Catherine sent me two applique tops to quilt for her.  I enjoy quilting these Bunny Hill patterns, this one is "I Believe in Angels"











Lots of cute details and a lot of handwork included by Catherine.











I like the batiks Catherine chose for the iris on this small wallhanging. 











She said she may frame it to hang in her house.  I used pretty shiny Glide thread for all the background
quilting.







 
 
 
 
 
 


Gail and I are excited by the news that our quilt, 'Stars on Mars' won Best of Show at the AQS show in Albuquerque this week.  It's a real honor especially considering all the amazing quilts entered there.






 
 
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope this quilt will be in Lancaster so I can see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope you will have a nice set of ribbons for Stars on Mars soon. And your freeform feather background on those irises is breathtaking, AND inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There *were* a of stunning quilts entered in that show. I loved looking at yours! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always your quilting never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I did not realize that was your quilt!!! I was at the show and spent some time in front of your quilt, as did a lot of other show goers. It was just spectacular. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete