Saturday, January 31, 2015

A necessary evil







This is Patty's cute sampler quilt, appropriate with Valentine's Day coming up.













In the blocks I tried a something like the feathered medallion I saw in an article by Sue Heinz from the January/February issue of Machine Quilting Unlimited .















This is something I will try again.  It's a good article and I will probably end up ordering her Circleliner Tool.
http://sueheinz.com/sues-circleliner/ This issue has several good articles including one by Margaret Solomon Gunn on 'Stitching in the Ditch'.  It's something many quilters avoid but I see it as a necessary evil.





5 comments:

  1. The quilt turned out great! I'm one of the freaky people who love SID. But I don't do it for customers so my perspective is different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilting is just inspired! Thank you for sharing! I am obsessed with pink and red combinations right now. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased her Circleliner at a show from her very nice husband. I didn't get to meet Sue but bought a few of her books also. Would love to take one of her classes. I find it very useful and have used several times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish every quilter saw the beauty of ditched blocks!

    ReplyDelete