This is Ann's monster of a quilt. She considers it a monster because it was demanding to piece and took her several years to get around to finishing it. I consider it a monster because it is HUGE.
Ann wanted custom but because it will be used on a bed, didn't want heavy quilting. I find it hard to NOT do SID on a well pieced quilt - I ended up doing more than I planned.
I remembered that I had quilted this pattern before - another monster! June chose very different fabrics for her version - Japanese taupes and florals. Ann used reproduction Civil War era fabrics in keeping with Judy Rothermel's pattern. They both work!
We're in for some cold, icy snowy weather here in Kansas. I have a pile of quilts to quilt my way through and a pile of cats to keep me warm at night!