I really tried to finish Mary's quilt before today but I just couldn't get it done. I did get enough stitch in the ditch finished to stabilize it and basted horizontally every four inches or so just to be safe. While it was on Arabella (her last quilt for me) I noticed that the colors are very similar to those in my Turtle quilt, hanging behind the machine.
This morning we got up early, cleaned the machine, cleaned out underneath the machine and cleared a path out to the driveway. Here she is before we started cleaning up:
Here she is all ready to go, I found about a million pins and many dust bunnies underneath her!
Luckily, her new owner Melisa, is very nice and very excited to have her own Gammill longarm machine. Melisa, her husband Larry and daughter Lauren showed up about 11:00 this morning with a 16 foot trailer, all ready to take Arabella to her new home in Oklahoma. Peter gave some tips on maintenance,
And then it was time to start taking her apart. We removed the rollers and wrapped them in old batting scraps to protect them and the canvas leaders.