Monday, September 8, 2014

Two well pieced beauties






I whipped Gail's show quilt off my machine (Thanks to my Red Snappers!) so I could work on a couple of customer quilts. 





 
 
 
 

Mickey sent me this wall hanging to quilt for her and it is a beauty.  I was happy to see that it was well pieced, lay flat and square and had room for me to have fun with the quilting. 
Both top and backing were black so I used black batting - two layers of Hobb's 80/20 for a little extra loft.  In person this looks very sparkly since I used a variegated metallic for the feathers.













Joni sent me this 50 Shades of Gray quilt and it is also a well pieced beauty.  She wanted traditional quilting in thread that matched the background.
 












 
 
 
 
 
 






 
 
 
I'm in love with some of the gray fabrics used in this quilt.  I may have to look for a few of them to add to my stash.
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I love both of those quilts! I want to make the red and gray one.....my two favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! When I grow up I want to. Quilt just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! How fabulous to have such lovely piecing, doesn't it make the job that much nicer to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I couldn't live without my red snappers!!!

    ReplyDelete