Saturday, December 10, 2011

I love metallic thread!



This is Charlotte's quilt for her shop's Saturday Sampler.  You can see her newsletter here.  Charlotte likes traditional style quilting, with cotton batting and light colored thread.  When I asked her if I could use metallic thread on this quilt she turned pale green  but told me to do whatever I wanted.  What trust!

I love the colors of this quilt and wanted to use gold thread along with purple, green and blue. It's a bit over the top but I like it and I think Charlotte does too.  The metallic doesn't show up real well in the photo but does in person!









I have been putting a four inch hanging sleeve on my miniature Itty Bitty Boutis before sending it off to Road to California - this was a last minute request from them.  It seems a bit crazy to me on a miniature quilt - my quilt is about 18 inches long, but some miniatures are only 8 - 10 inches and a four inch hanging sleeve will just about cover the back of the quilt!  But - it's their show so I obliged.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks great, what brand of thread is it that use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting! That quilt is beautiful too. I love the blue on black and the metallic thread just makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thread is beautiful on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've commented much, if at all, on your blog. Your quilting is simply amazing. I have just linked to your Joy of Life quilt as I just posted about this BOM on my blog. I look forward to seeing more beautiful work and getting inspiration from your blog in 2012, Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete