Ann invited me to join her group to do some dyeing at her house. She had everything set up and totally organized (her Nurse genes were showing) I tried to take pictures of the group and in them Ann was always blurred, always in motion! I ended up with some nice fat quarters that I will use and a few real dogs that will make good rags.
|Carol and Ann at work|
Speaking of dyeing, I mentioned that Sheri's beautiful Storm at Sea quilt bled when she blocked it. Many thanks to Vicki Welsh who responded to my request for suggestions. She referred us to one of her previous posts about hand-dyed fabrics bleeding; http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com/field_trips_in_fiber/2011/08/color-fastness-of-hand-dyed-fabrics.html and as an experienced hand-dyer had some really helpful ideas.
Sheri ended up soaking the quilt in her whirlpool tub in hot water with Synthrapol. It took several long soaks but the quilt came out 99 % clean with just a few very faint shadows from the blue fabric bleeding.
Thanks again, Vicki! Here's a happy Sheri with her finished quilt: