Monday, January 31, 2011

Quilting, not blogging


I have been quilting, not blogging, the last few weeks.  I just finished this quilt for Pattie and she is waiting to see it finished for the first time online.  We are having nasty winter weather so I may not be able to get it to her until next week.  I hope you like it Pattie!  I think it turned out really well - if you don't like it, just let me know and I will find a home for it! (at my house)

I love this kind of pattern that allows room for quilting.












Pattie requested echo quilting in the center. 




This is probably the tenth one of these Queen and Her Court quilts that I have quilted.  Fortunately, I like the design!  I did two in a row for Teresa (this is her quilt) and her sister Rayna, whose quilt I forgot to photograph.  They were quilted similarly but not exactly alike.








I used a light pink thread on Teresa's quilt and I like the way it turned out.








This is Julie's Hop to It quilt. I did one a while back for Mary, and this one is similar but I tried something different in the borders.





We are preparing ourselves for ice and snow tonight and the next day or so.  Very cold temperatures also - but we really can't complain.  It is winter and so far we have escaped the heavy snow that other parts of the country have received.  I'm feeling a batch of cookies coming on - something about cold weather makes me want to make cookies!

4 comments:

  1. I love how you quilted the corner of the applique-very unique! Enjoy the cookies and try to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so much talent in such tiny little hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skills at machine quilting are outstanding, stunning....I running out of adjectives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked here from "Field Trips in Fiber." I'm looking for a long arm quilter who does good custom work. Yours is lovely. Are you accepting new clients?

    ReplyDelete