Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The final two!




I just finished my final two customer quilts - now I am on my own and able to work on whatever I want! 








This was the next-to-last, an Eleanor Burns pattern pieced by long-time customer Marsha.  I used to call her the Thimbleberries Lady but she has branched out!









As always, her piecing is excellent which makes my job easy.











My very last customer quilt was a doozy!  Cecelia started this Latte quilt years ago and has been waiting a very long time for me to finish it for her - sorry Cecelia. 











 It was a doozy because it is BIG, has some very stiff fusible interfacing (which Cecelia apologized for) and lots of satin fabric.  The interfacing was only a problem because if I had to pick stitches out, the needle holes were impossible to get rid of.  So, I didn't make any mistakes!  Yeah, right.










 
 
 
 



So now I can get busy on the many projects of my own that I have put off, including cleaning up my house and studio.



Last week I went to a wonderful estate sale here in Sedgwick.  Many generations had lived in this house and they never threw anything away!  It was bursting at the seams with great old stuff. 



I found this wacky old pincushion











And went back on the last day of the sale when everything was 75% off and bought this beautiful 19th century wool shawl.  Gorgeous colors! 











I also bought an old quilt which I will post about once I have done some research on it.




Gail Stepanek and I are both excited to see the cover of the next Quilters Newsletter magazine - we're cover girls!!







2 comments:

  1. Your last customer quilts are beautifully quilted but I'm distracted, I want that shawl! Looking forward to hearing about the quilt you purchased. Congratulations on your quilt gracing the cover of QN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever will you do with all your time now?!?...Your clients must be sad to have you "retired"

    ReplyDelete