Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's a deedle-deedle night



Thank you Desley for the book I won!  I know I will enjoy Karen McTavish's Quilting for Show.  It will be exciting to receive a package from Australia - I don't think I ever have before.  Desley shows her beautifully quilted work on her blog Addicted to Quilts, you can see it here






In answer to a question by Desley about my quilt Wild Child, yes the borders are done with trapunto and the color surrounding the trapunto is all thread.  I used Glide thread for the first time and really liked it.  It is a 40 wt. trilobal polyester and the colors really glow.

It has been unseasonably cool this spring but today is more like usual: it's warm, humid and we're under a tornado watch.  We keep a weather radio next to the bed and when it updates it makes an obnoxious sound:  DEEDLE DEEDLE DEEDLE.  Tonight we expect to have what we call a deedle-deedle night with updates coming every time we drop off to sleep. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh thank you so much for the close up. The amount of work in that must be incredible. It looks amazing. What a beautiful, stunning quilt. I can't believe it didn't win anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifulm Quilt! that must have taken a long time to do. Hope you get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a very quiet night. I also am in disbelief that your quilt didn't earn anything. I guess yours will be from all of your blog followers, "Bloggers Choice". Thank you for the close ups.

    ReplyDelete