Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back from Colorado


I finished this quilt for Sylvia just before we left town for a quick visit to Colorado.  Sylvia had a list of words that she wanted me to quilt into the overall design and she also wanted some sunflowers.  She put a lot of work into this photo quilt for her son! She used gradated hand-dyed fabric that she bought at the AQS show in Paducah.





We drove home yesterday from a quick visit to Colorado over the weekend.  It's been so hot here, so we were looking forward to some cooler weather.  Oh well!  It was in the 90's in Colorado Springs and most people there don't have air conditioning, so we stayed hot and sweaty through the whole visit.  It's been about five years since we moved from Colorado to Kansas- Peter and I were both amazed at all the growth and the building that has gone on since then!  We were happy to visit family and friends but it's nice to be back home in our quiet little town which has no traffic, no traffic lights, no parking meters and we rarely hear a siren.

We had lunch with our friends Sandy and Tom.  Sandy isn't a quilter;  she is a weaver and has done a lot of study on Navajo rugs.  This is one of her finished rugs hanging in her house with the blade of a ceiling fan in the way in this photo. 




This rug she has started and says it will take her a few years to finish - it looks like it will be spectacular when it is done.





Lunch was in the back yard, where Tom has created a stream that flows into a little pond, all surrounded by flowers and a rock garden planted by Sandy. 




We also visited friends that live up in the foothills to the west of Colorado Springs.  They have a spectacular view of Colorado Springs and the plains to the east of town.





Last Friday I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden my blog was being visited by dozens of people!  I was surprised to find out it was because my blog was chosen as the AQS Blog of the Week on their Facebook page! I'm really flattered and if I can figure out how to do it, I will post the little button they sent.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan. Glad you had a good time on your visit. The rock garden/stream area where you had lunch is beautiful. I wish my yard looked like that!

    ReplyDelete